Excerpt from The Spinster's Guide to Dating
There is a drain in the dating pool:
* There are 2,235,114,476 human males aged 18 to 64 on earth. Considering the average age of these males is 28, knock off a billion. This gives you 1.2 billion eligible men.
*About 20% only speak Mandarin Chinese leaving
one with 960,000,000.
* Ninety five percent are geographically undesirable leaving
48 million dudes.
* Eighty percent have diametrically opposing values or are chronologically inappropriate (although this criteria gets more liberal as one ages...) leaving about 9,600,000 guys.
* Of the remaining options, 80% make poor wardrobe choices, have overbearing families, still live with their parents, or are in public detention facilities. Therefore 1.92 million contestants for your affection remain.
* Of those guys, 99.9% are emotionally unavailable, want a rich girl, or desire a chick half their age minus seven years. This leaves
you 1920 human males.
* One thousand, nine hundred eighteen of these are living in marital bliss and thus two suitors remain.
* Of this dynamic duo, one has the personality of a toadstool and the other is a guy named Bob, living in a condo in Barstow...and...
...he’s allergic to cats.